Sell to Us
We are actively buying books from individual volumes to whole libraries.
We are also actively buying Rare Vintage Posters.
Contact us if you have rare and first edition books or vintage posters to sell.
What we Buy:
Although we will purchase books across a wide range of subjects and genre, our particular areas of interest and speciality include:
- Modern First Editions – a partial list of authors we most actively seek is listed below
- Books about the Far East – especially Hong Kong, China, South East Asia, Korea including history, travel, photography, literature. We are mainly looking for books published pre-1960. We are also interested in ephemera, photographs and maps of the Far East.
- Photography monographs – including by Henri Cartier-Bresson, Cecil Beaton, Ed Ruscha, Marc Riboud, Martin Parr, Terry O’Neill, Werner Bischoff, Ellen Thorbecke, Michael Kenna, Eve Arnold, Ansel Adams and others.
We are particularly interested in books signed or inscribed by the author.
A Partial List of Authors we buy:
J.G. Ballard, Iain M. Banks, Anthony Burgess, Truman Capote, Bruce Chatwin, Agatha Christie, Austen Coates, Maurice Collis, Roald Dahl, Len Deighton, Colin Dexter, Patrick Leigh Fermor, Ian Fleming, E.M. Forster, Allen Ginsberg, Graham Greene, Ursula Le Guin, Seamus Heaney, Ernest Hemingway, Aldous Huxley, Christopher Isherwood, Kazuo Ishiguro, John Le Carré, C.S. Lewis, Alistair Maclean, W. Somerset Maugham, Ian McEwan, Jan Morris, Haruki Murakami, Vladimir Nabokov, V.S. Naipaul, George Orwell, Sylvia Plath, Anthony Powell, Terry Pratchett, Bertrand Russell, W.G. Sebald, Nevil Shute, Freya Stark, John Steinbeck, J.R.R. Tolkien, John Updike, Kurt Vonnegut, Evelyn Waugh
We actively buy original vintage posters including in the following areas:
- Travel Posters – Artist designed posters of all parts of the world. We generally do not buy post-1970 photographic travel posters. We have a particular interest and expertise in airline posters and posters for Far East destinations.
- Art Nouveau and Art Deco posters – especially by leading designers such as A.M. Cassandre, Leonetto Cappiello, and Alphonse Mucha.
- Mid-century design posters – also known as mid-century modern or modernist design, by artists such as Bernard Villemot, Raymond Savignac and Bern Hill.
- Movie Posters – especially for James Bond films, Bruce Lee, early Star Wars releases, Audrey Hepburn, block-buster films from the 1960’s and 1970’s. Our main focus is on original cinema release U.S. and U.K. posters.
A partial list of Poster Artists we buy:
Aaron Amspoker, Hervé Baille, Charles Baskerville, Joseph Binder, Gino Boccasile, Lucien Boucher, Roger Broders, Leonetto Cappiello, Jean Carlu, A.M. Cassandre, Jean Colin, Paul Colin, Aldo Cosomati, Jean-Gabriel Domergue, Marcello Dudovich, Robert Falcucci, Aaron Fine, Pierre Fix-Masseau, MacDonald Gill, Vincent Guerra, Georges Hamel, Keith Haring, Bern Hill, David Hockney, Dong Kingman, David Klein, Paul Lawler, Roy Lichtenstein, Charles Loupot, Robert McGinnis, E. McKnight Kauffer, Hervé Morvin, Jacques Nathan-Garamond, Jos-Henri Ponchin, Razzia, Harry Rogers, Munetsugu Satomi, Raymond Savignac, Bernard Villemot, Andy Warhol, Frank Wootten.
We also regularly buy vintage hotel and airline luggage labels, 1900 to 1960.
How to sell to us:
We are located in the United Kingdom on the Berkshire/Surrey border and can easily travel to view collections and libraries in our neighbourhood as well as to London, Hampshire, Sussex, Bucks and further afield.
We will travel throughout the United Kingdom to view larger collections. Evaluating individual volumes can usually be done remotely by email or Whatsapp.
We buy worldwide – although we can’t always travel to view. Do contact us if you are outside the U.K. and have books or posters to sell to us.
If you are contacting us by email to offer books – please provide at a minimum the following details: Author; Title; Edition (this is usually found on the copyright page which may state ‘First edition’ or have a number string such as 2 4 6 8 9 7 5 3 1); Binding (hard boards, soft covers, leather, dust jacket, etc) and Condition. Photographs of the book or books are an excellent way to facilitate the process.
If you are offering posters to us via email, we will need to view photographs of the posters (including the back if they are unframed and not linenbacked) as well as the printer's and issue details which can normally be found on the bottom border. We will also require exact measurements of the printed area of the poster as well as a description of condition (any damage, losses, tears, fading, foxing, tape marks on front or back, etc).
We pay competitive prices for books and posters. We are full members of the ABA, ILAB, PBFA and IVPDA and adhere to the rules and guidelines of these internationally recognised trade associations. Selling to Picture This Gallery can be a smoother, quicker and more rewarding process than consigning your goods to auction.
We can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by Whatsapp and phone at +44 7925 178151