Gloucester Hotel, Hong Kong (1950's)
The Gloucester Hotel was located on the corner of Peddar Street and Des Voeux Road. The hotel opened in 1932 and was considered the finest hotel in Central district at the time. It finally closed its doors in 1963 with hotel staff transferring to the then newly opened Mandarin Oriental. The Landmark/Gloucester Tower today stands on the same site.